Thursday 7 November 2013

Twenty Seven

Today I turn 27. This to me is just unreal. Where the hell did the last 10 years go? Last time I checked I was 16 and leaving school, now I'm almost 30. I think I'm about to have a late 20's crisis. When I was young I thought of this age as ancient, I thought 'wow when I'm 27 I'll be married with kids, have a house and a good job'. Hmm, didn't quite work like that. I haven't achieved anything I wanted to by this age. I'm not happy with my work life, I'm unmarried and have no kids, although not for the want of trying! I look around and everyone is getting married, posting scan photos on Facebook, everyone has good jobs….I'm not even engaged and have no babies arriving in the near future. What do I have to show for my life so far? Really not a lot. I guess I should count my blessings, I have the two best friends in the world, a supportive family, an amazing boyfriend who would do anything for me and a gorgeous puppy with a roof over my head and food on the table which is more than some people have. I just wish I had a few things I could say I've achieved at the age of 27! So I'm considering 27 as the start of better things to come. I am determined to make my business work better this year and if not I'll give up and move on to new things. I want to do a lot more photography work this year, travel more, do more exciting things, see my friends more, save more money, do up the house, have a baby or at least get pregnant, look into getting married in the near future, and do things that scare me, take the opportunities that come my way and be happier and more relaxed as a person. I'll be 30 in 3 years and would like to say I have achieved a few more things by then. Here's to new beginning and better times...

No comments:

Post a Comment