Sunday 12 January 2014

I'm engaged!



Much to my surprise on Christmas Day my other half proposed to me. I was more than a little shocked. The morning started like a normal Christmas morning, it was our puppy's first Christmas so we let him open all his presents and then we opened ours. I was expecting perfume which I got but I wasn't expecting what was underneath the perfume! He had wrapped a shoe box in christmas paper and inside was my present in a perfume gift box. I was more than happy to get my favourite perfume so I took it out of the box and underneath it said 'Will you marry me?' I cried and even he cried. In almost 6 years thats the second time I've seen him cry. There was no ring but I wasn't bothered, I was finally engaged! I got my ring a week later by the way...



So here starts the wedding planning. The average wedding costs £20,000, unless your name is Heather Louise. There is no way in hell I will be spending such a ridiculous amount on a one day celebration so my plan is to have a lovely, small wedding for as cheap as possible. My wedding has been planned on Pinterest and in my head for quite a while so all that is to do is book a venue and get creative...and the all important dress shopping. I will be DIYing a lot of things. Flowers, decor, invites, make up, jewellery & hair accessories are all on my DIY list. I am an avid reader of wedding blogs and the ones that catch my eye the most are the ones the couple have done themselves, it adds a more personal touch. My plan at the moment is a coral, mint and gold music themed wedding. I have liked this colour scheme for a while but decided to confuse myself and look at others on Pinterest and also liked the idea of midnight blue and fuchsia. Coral is pretty hard to match with there being so many shades so I'm exploring other ideas.

I will be posting more wedding related posts as I get more into it with plenty of budget wedding tips for much-less-than-£20,000-wedding and some DIY tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment